The schedule form the national forum is available here now.
Malmö University – the Faculty of Education and Society, and the Faculty of Culture and Society – is proud to host the National Forum for English Studies 2019.
The schedule for the conference is available here and abstracts for the presentations are available as well. The conference begins with Robert O’Dowd’s plenary
‘Establishing the impact of virtual exchange in foreign language education’.
The conference will be held at the Faculty of Education and Society 10-12 April 2019. The conference welcome desk will be open from 10 AM on 10 April in the atrium of the education building, Nordenskiöldsgatan 10. The opening is at 1 o’clock in room D222. The conference closes Friday 12 April at noon.
The theme of the conference is “English in Transformation” thus highlighting, on the one hand, the dynamic nature of English literatures cultures and language, and on the other, the ongoing transformation of English as a school subject and an academic discipline.
Confirmed keynote speakers:
- Robert O’Dowd (University of Léon): Establishing the Impact of Virtual Exchange in Foreign Language Education
- Phil Nel (Kansas State University), Lissa Paul (Brock University), Nina
Christensen (Aarhus University): Keywords for Children’s Literature: Mapping Meaning, Transforming Research
- Otto Kruse and Christian Rapp (Zurich University): Recent Developments in Writing Technology
The keynote lectures are (among other things) intended to serve as inspiration for three parallel workshops.
Call for papers
We welcome presentations in all fields of English studies – linguistics, literature, culture, and language education – in the form of individual papers, panels, and posters.
- Individual papers: 20-minute presentations followed by 10-minute discussions. Abstracts for papers should not exceed 250 words excluding session title, author names, affiliations, email addresses, reference list and 3-5 keywords.
- Panels: 90-minute sessions consisting of 3-4 related papers. Abstracts for thematic paper sessions should include the rationale for the session and individual contribution abstracts, altogether not exceeding 1000 words excluding session title, author names, affiliations, email addresses, reference lists and 3-5 keywords.
- Posters: The conference will hold a poster session. Abstracts for posters should not exceed 250 words excluding poster title, author names, affiliations, email addresses, reference list and 3-5 keywords.
The registration fee is 1500 SEK, to be paid to bankgiro 5052-4958. Please mark the payment with your name and tag it “NFES 2019”. The registration fee should be received no later than 1 February 2019. Further information in the conference poster.
For those of you planning to attend the ESSE conference in Brno this year, please note that the deadline for the submission of seminar papers has been extended to 16 February 2018. The deadline for the submission of posters is extended to 26 February 2018. For details, please visit the conference website.
The 6th International Conference on Writing Analytics is entitled ‘Actionable Data for Teaching and Learning Writing’ and will be held 23-25 May 2018 in Malmö. Details are on the conference website.